Friday, October 6, 2017

Photos of Give Fire! Playtest - 3 Months Ago....

As I've prepared our next games for tomorrow - ECW, using the not yet released mini-supplement for FoB2, "Give Fire!", I thought I should post some photos from the previous game. 

Based on previous test games, I'd made some minor changes (salvo fire, commanded shot, some minor modifiers).  I also rebased all of the pike and command figures, so now all foot units have 3 stands.  I really really really like the look of foot units with 3 stands.  They just look more "clumpy" and less linear.   Anyway, now for the photos of our somewhat game of 2nd Newbury:

A rather uneven deployment

Close Up of the new infantry basing

Guns ready to Give Fire!

A major horse melee looms.

I don't think they knew they were going up against a 12+1 unit!

Foot tromps forwards

Infantry supported by guns.

More of the horse melee

Less of the horse melee

I think that qualifies as a flank attack

Who is going which direction???

And finally, somehow, one of the players managed this die roll.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks - the ECW armies always make a colorful spectacle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking game, these units are just superb, love the artillery...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new basing looks good and 3 bases per unit for infantry is the way we did it for Anchor of Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like a wonderful addition to FoB - fast becoming my favourite set. I'd be using them for 1680s fights with little modification I think (maybe reduce effect of pike - ratio of pike to shot). Look forward to seeing them.

    Also looking forward to your smaller scale WWII set - I've been toying with the idea of hacking FoBWWII for company level fights, with range changes and MG 'up' mods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our game yesterday helped iron out a couple of final points, so its time to get writing! "Nothing Less Than Victory", the WW2 game, is essentially done with some cleanup to do. It's quite a bit different from FoBWW2....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much looking forward to both. I'm a convert to the elegance of your rules systems.

      Delete
  6. Nice table! I'm looking forward to this one. I've had a quick scan of FoB and I am excited for the 17th century supplement. Need to get busy painting up my armies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't name the player who threw that die either. Nor would I let him play with his dodgy dice again!

    [grin]

    ReplyDelete