Tuesday, January 10, 2017

First Games of 2017

I'll try to be more regular with my posting schedule in 2017.  No, really.  I'll try.

We played 2 games this past Saturday - Give Fire! (ECW Field of Battle) and Nothing Less Than Victory (a soon to be published WW2 game).

To be honest, I don't really remember which side won either of the games, as I treated them as development games.  Both were a lot of fun, however.  We started the ECW game at around noon, and were finished before 2:30.  The WW2 game started at around 4:15, and was done at 6:30 PM.  

Some photos!







A few photos from the WW2 game follow below.  The notable feature was the presence of the Tiger II.  Unknown to the US players was the fact that the Tiger II had broken down and was immobile.  On top of that, it only had 4 rounds of fire available.  The Tiger made those 4 rounds count, taking out all 3 Shermans and a halftrack with an infantry squad.  BOOM!






5 comments:

  1. Great looking games.
    Hopefully publication of new WW2 rules not too far of ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon is a relative term! I'd anticipate Q1 this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you using your usual acrylic craft paints for the ECW? They almost look like enamels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, all acrylics. I've switched to white primer, with a diluted black washed over the casting to start. That gives more definition to the figure and almost talks to me and tells me what/where to paint. Sounds weird, but it works for me. I've switched from black undercoat just because it became too hard to discern details. I block paint, then wash with Future/black ink/brown ink mixture to give the casting depth. This also really reveals where I want to highlight - typically 2 or 3 lighter shades. I find that I HATE the block painting step, as the figures are pure ugly. The highlighting stages are pure bliss, however.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips on painting. As a rookie wargamer, I'm always looking for painting tips. I was using grey primer, switched to black, but I do find it bloody hard to see the details now! Might go back to grey and try the wash with a diluted black.

    ReplyDelete