Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Quick Post

First of all - Merry Christmas to everyone!

I haven't had a chance to post as often as I'd like in December.  It always seems that a variety of family events takes up the month before you know what happened.

I've been working away on Austrian Napoleonics.  I'll post some individual unit shots over the next few posts.  For now - here's a shot of a just completed Hungarian infantry battalion still on their painting nails.  I super glue each figure onto a 10d nail, and then use the nail to hold and spin the figure as I paint it.  Nothing new, I'm sure.  The figure/nail holders are just 2x4 segments drilled out to hold the nails.


Up next on the painting list is an Austrian grenadier battalion.  After that?  Probably a Jaeger battalion, and then artillery and some officers.  For some reason, I always seem to do cavalry last.  I'm not sure why - I enjoy painting cavalry.  Maybe I just get psyched out by the perceived additional time to complete the unit.  As my cavalry units are 8 figures vs. 12 foot figure units, I'm not sure the total elapsed time is any different for painting the different unit types. 

No comments:

Post a Comment